Please sign in to post.

hotels in florence

Anyone got a great hotel in Florence? thanks, mardi

Posted by
32213 posts

mardi,

I stayed at This Hotel on my last visit to Florence, and was very pleased with the stay. The facilities weren't luxurious by any means, but it was very comfortable, the owner/manager was wonderful and it's an easy walking distance not only to the station but also many of the attractions in Florence.

Happy travels!

Posted by
215 posts

We stayed at Hotel Casci and really enjoyed our time there. It is modest, very clean, walking distance to everything we wanted to see and the people there were helpful and friendly. The reviews on Trip advisor were quite positive. (and accurate)

Posted by
13 posts

thanks to all who have responded!! I will look into them. mardi

Posted by
15 posts

Hotel Medici was great...Great view of Duomo...5 Euro wine at the reception.

Posted by
7209 posts

Residenza Il Villino - like staying with family. Accademia is right around the corner, and the upstairs rooms have a view of the Duomo.

Posted by
5 posts

We just got done staying at the Quadra Key Residence in Florence. We only paid $105 dollars a night on expedia.com. We used a promotion code for $10 off a night.

Its only one bus away from the Santa Maria Novella train/bus station.

It was nice because they upgraded our room to superior. It came with a kitchen, separate bedroom and a sofa room with private bathroom. Free internet too (kind of slow). Otherwise, we thought it was a great deal.

The bus stops right in front of the place and we took the same bus to go to Duomo. Great place to see at night too.

Posted by
8 posts

My friends and I just stood at the Residence San Niccolo. It was an apartment style hotel and a little more pricey than a hotel but worth it for the extra space, kitchen, separate bedroom, and view of the Arno (right across the street). It also had a washer/dryer in the complex which was really nice.

Posted by
8 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Cestelli two years ago. It had more of an inn or B&B feel to it. It's a beautiful hotel in a great location.