Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Amsterdam

Has anyone stayed at the Moevenpick Hotel in central Amsterdam? Would appreciate comments if you have. We are planning a trip in April 2014.

Posted by
783 posts

Hi Penny, I haven't personally stayed there, but if you type "Moevenpick Amsterdam" in the Search box in the upper right corner, you'll see quite a few threads where the hotel is discussed. Some are several years old, but I saw a couple that are very recent. Hope this helps.

Posted by
668 posts

Stayed there a couple of years ago. Extremely comortable, but not cheap. Breakfast was extensive and expensive. We were going on a cruise, so it was most convenient being next door to the dock. Not a long walk to the city centre, but a bit far to lug your baggage. The tram stops almost right outside. There is a canal boat stop next to the hotel. The restaurant at the end of the block aerved a decent meal. We visited Amsterdam this year, though did not stay there, but it looked the same as it did wnen we were there.

Posted by
9109 posts

It's connected to the cruise ship terminal. It's walkable from Centraal Station, and there is also a tram stop across the street. It's very near the Science Museum, city library, and the maritime museum. It's in an area that's being redeveloped so there is lot of construction activity going on. It's not very centrally located for the rest of the city. Priceline tends to use the hotel a lot. http://goo.gl/maps/Z21Qf

Posted by
976 posts

yes- stayed there 2 years ago, via priceline for a great rate. The restaurant was very good but pricey. The pub had good food 2 years ago, but last month we were at the Doubletree & walked to the Movenpick pub- not so good as we remembered. Great ice cream, tho. I'd stay there again especially with a river view; found ourselves staring out the window, watching the ships.