Please sign in to post.

hotel recommended in Ricky's 2011 France Guide

Ricky Steve's 2011 France Guide listed le Boulevardier Hotel in Lyon. After making reservations I read some comments by others on Trip Advisor which indicated there were bedbugs (comments from 2007 and 09). Should I be concerned or is Ricky's 2011 guide more current in the hotel's condition? Besides cancelling the reservation, is there something I can do to protect myself from bedbugs? Thanks.

Posted by
32219 posts

John, If the Hotel is listed in the 2011 Guidebook, I'm sure it's a reliable Hotel as Rick or one of his staff check them out every year. If there's been an infestation of Bedbugs, I believe the Hotel will aggressively deal with the problem to ensure they don't get a bad reputation. Keep in mind that even five-star luxury Hotels in New York City have suffered this problem lately. Also, if the most recent Trip Advisor reports of Bedbugs were from 2009 (with no reports in 2010), it's likely the problem has been corrected so I wouldn't be concerned in the least. I don't know if there's anything you can do to protect yourself? I've yet to encounter Bedbugs at any Hotel I've stayed at, so never worry about that. Happy travels!