Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Brussels

I am thinking of staying at the Hotel Opera in Brussels. Has any one stayed there, and is it in walking distance from the central station. I would like any other mid range price hotel suggestions. Also, when arriving at Brussels airport, how do you take the train to the central station in town. I am going in a few weeks.

Posted by
1078 posts

Station directions are right outside door you exit after picking up bags and clearing passport control. Super easy

Posted by
3250 posts

The hotel we stayed in was Les Ecrins. We were upgraded to an apartment which was wonderful--it was nice to have a kitchen for some of the meals and the apartment was very cozy. The hotel is located near the St Catherine metro stop about 10 minutes from the Grand Place. Lots of nice restaurants in the neighborhood.

Posted by
13 posts

Brussels has one of the more user-friendly subway/rail systems in Europe. Have fun, we're going in a few months.

Posted by
4555 posts

Hotel Opera is about a 10 minute walk from Centraal.

Posted by
576 posts

After reading reviews of others who had good luck with Priceline bidding in Brussels, we took a chance and got a great centrally located place, the 4 star Nh Atlanta Brussels, for a bid of $60.00 ($73.00 with tax), which was approximately 52 Euros, not bad for a 4 star. I think we will use Priceline for all future stays in large European cities.

Posted by
43 posts

Go to www.betterbidding.com for priceline and hotwire tips, often times you can know which hotel you are likely to 'win' or the 2 or 3 most likely (90%) to get based upon previous bidders posted 'wins.'

Looks like there are a couple options for 4* in Brussels starting at $45 depending on dates.

We just bought our London and Dublin hotels through priceline using the tips from betterbidding. $117/night 4* in London, $140/night 5* Dublin (including St Patrick's day)

Posted by
576 posts

I second Michael's recommendation. The more educated you are about Priceline bidding, the more likely you are to snag a fantastic deal where you want to be. It's true that usually in life you get what you pay for. But Priceline helps break that rule. Getting to stay in luxurious hotels at almost hostel prices is a sweet deal.