Please sign in to post.

Hotel

Going to Amsterdam, then Paris this Fall.
Any suggestions on good areas to stay or Hotels?
Thanks,
Greg

Posted by
1806 posts

What's your budget per night? Do you need to stay right in the center where hotels may cost more, or are you willing to stay on the outskirts?

Posted by
5 posts

We would prefer to stay in the central part of town in Amsterdam.
Not sure of our budget yet, but we are looking at moderate priced B+Bs and hotels.
In Paris we were thinking of Rue Cler area.

Posted by
711 posts

Greg..The hotel Wieckmann which used to be in Rick's books has the very best location. I also like the hotel Fita and the Ambassade. These are for Amsterdam. The Ambassade is pricey. Amsterdam is pretty expensive these days. Also the hotel Brower. In Paris the Rue Cler area fills up fast. We are staying at the Hotel Champ du Mars in October and I believe it is full. The have nice bedrooms on the back that have 2 beds pushed together. These are the largest rooms . The Relais Bosquet is nice and the Hotel Muguet.Really , they fill up fast. Don't wait too long to book. We book 9-12 months in advance for the Rue Cler area.

Posted by
158 posts

Grand Levque in Paris.... a Rick Steve's find!!!!

Posted by
5 posts

Yes, I have e-mailed them for info. I also contacted the Royal Phare in the Rue Cler. Have you heard anything about them?
-Greg

Posted by
10221 posts

We stayed at the Hotel du Cadron, around the corner from Rue Cler and across the street from Hotel Champs du Mars. It was nice.