Please sign in to post.

honeymoon itinerary

We are traveling to Europe for our honeymoon and I wanted to share our timeline for suggestions.
Arrive in Zurich May 26th and take a train to Lucerne
Lucerne May 26-29th (four nights)
Interlaken 30th-1st (three nights)
Florence June 2nd-5th (four nights) Most of day one will be travel
Venice 6th-7th (two nights)

We are flying into Zurich and out of Venice so any suggestions/changes to the travel are welcomed!

Posted by
262 posts

I would take a day from both Lucerne and Florence and add them to Venice.

Posted by
11294 posts

I've already posted in your other thread that I strongly feel you should 1) take a night off of Luzern and put in toward the Berner Oberland, and 2) stay IN the Berner Oberland, not near it in Interlaken.

Whether or not 4 nights in Florence is good depends on what you want to see and do there. Particularly since you've said you're arriving late, 4 nights gives you 3 days, which is hardly "too much" time there. Florence has lots of day trip possibilities, if you do "finish" your Florence sights before you leave. On the other hand, you may want more time relaxing in Venice, which also has lots of sightseeing (including other islands like San Michele, Burano, Murano, and Torcello). Your choice - you can't really go wrong.

Posted by
2535 posts

As a total stranger so why even listen? My preference heavily leans towards maximum time in the Berner Oberland area. Venice is so unique, beautiful and romantic...I'd add time there. Florence is an also ran in my book save for incredible museums. Chart your own course and enjoy.

Posted by
650 posts

OP your itinerary is quite workable. The only question is priorities. You look headed for a long hiking and scenery week followed by a short art and architecture week. Personally I'd give one more night each to Florence and Venice, but Venice in particular as one full day is no where near enough. But you may so much prefer the Alps to art and renessance cities that your itinerary makes sense.

Posted by
451 posts

I agree with cutting two days from Luzern and putting one in Berner Oberland either Murren or Wengen and one in Venice. Lucerne is not worthy of four nights compared to the other cities. Venice needs at least two full days.

Posted by
17 posts

Thank you everyone so much! I'm glad I asked bc clearly my travel planner has never been to Switzerland!