Please sign in to post.

Hi This is Sunny

Good day Form !!

I Love Traveling and exploring new places and Europe was on of my wish list .... how ever i have Planing to travel in the month of 3.Nov 2014, where i will reach Rome on 3rd Nov 2014 and i was planning my trip and i am so so confused with planing stuff... can any one please help me how to organize my trip pls
My plan we to
- 3 Nov in Rome ( stay 3 nights i.e 3/4/5/) and leave on morning 6th to Venice.
But i was planing to visit Pisa and then go to Venice by night 6th. or if i can reach even soon the better.. on 6th.
- 6th Nov in Venice. (Stay 4 nights i.e 6/7/8/9) and leave Venice by morning 10th to Switz via Milan using Bernina express.
- 10th Nov Night in Switz (Stay 7 days i.e 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/) and leave to Netherlands as i can find some friend's place to live for few days. Say i can have another week of holidays in Netherlands
- 17 Nov to 25th Nov and then fly out of Frankfort on 25th..

I am stuck after switz as i am not able to decide if i have to spend time in zuric or any where else in between?? or go stay in Netherlands as i can organize free accommodation I can travel do different places and come back to Netherlands by night?? also is it possible to go for a day trip to Paris and back?? or go to London for a day and come back using over night train from London to Netherlands!!!
Also Spending in switz for 7 days is it worth i am not sure as i am first time travel.. Also i will have a 1and half yrs old child with me along with my wife...
Can any one please advice me is

Posted by
11507 posts

I would spend 4 nights in Rome and only three in Venice.. in November the weather will likely be cool and wet in Venice.. it can get very wet there indeed.. so you will not want to sit outside at cafes and walk as much as you would normally enjoy doing there. You can use the extra day in Rome to sightsee..

I am also not sure what you wish to do in Switzerland .. it is between seasons. The mountain will be too wet for hiking and the clouds may cover the mountain views.. yet it will not be time to ski yet.. so I suppose that leaves city touring. I am not sure I could fill 7 days in Switzerland with only city touring in November. I might be tempted to visit Vienna for a few days and not spend whole time in Switzerland.

Where in Nederlands does friend live?

Paris and London are not really daytrips .. each will involve at least 3 hours each way travel.. it would be better to visit either one for a few nights.. there are so many sites in both cities you can easily fill the time with indoor visits to museums and other sites.. to avoid being outside in the weather.

Posted by
11613 posts

Your Italy part of your trip looks good. I would spend less time in Switzerland and spend those nights in France or Germany on your way to the Netherlands. From the Netherlands you can take daytrips within the country and also to Belgium and/or Luxembourg. Your friends will probably have lots of suggestions.

The first thing would be to look at a map and find the places you want to see, then look up transportation schedules to plan your route.

Posted by
5 posts

thanx pat!!
@ Pat
I will reduce my stay in venice.. so i can reach venice on 7th Night on 8th Nov day trip in venice if wether permits:) and then 9th leave Venice??? or do u sugest to leave on 10 morning, wher i get to stay 2 full days in venice but i have to stay 3 nights as i will be reaching on 7th night...

Ok I will also reduce my stay in Switz as it makes no sence to stay for a week if i cant do much outdoor activity.. However i am not a person to do hike or do trecking i would have my child with me. (Can i visit some mountain pass and see snow ??? on top)

If i plan to go to vienna do i take direct train from Switz to vienna.. Is it worth to do Zuric?? Howmany days u-recon Vienna be enough??

Posted by
5 posts

@Zoe

Thanx Zoe..
As Pat sugested i will cut-shot my trip in switz....
I will now work out other places thank you All.

cheers

Posted by
16893 posts

You're on track with the first half of the planning and I think the second half will just take a little more time to read about or watch videos of these places. You do have plenty time before you have to firm up the plan. Zurich is not a must-see on our list, but in November, big cities offer more indoor activities than do rural areas.

Posted by
7326 posts

If you really wanted to visit London, and found time to fit in at least 2 or more days for London, plus travel time, you could take an overnight ferry from the Hook of Holland to Harwich, England, then go to London once the ferry landed at Harwich. The Eurostar train runs from London to Paris, or from London to Belgium. If you wanted to connect London and Holland by train, you would need to transfer to at least one extra train along the way. Are you traveling by train all the time? Many cities can be reached in Europe with short, inexpensive flights by plane.