Please sign in to post.

Help with Itinerary

I have been to Europe many times and will be taking my mom this summer. I am trying to go to scenic places and trying not to repeat places i've already been shown here (budapest, prague, munich, berlin, rome, florence, cinque terre, naples, amsterdam, nice, avignon, marseilles) The following can't change: June 29th Depart Chicago to London - Two Days in London Leave London on July 2nd to ???? July 13th Paris July 14th Paris
July 15th Depart Paris Let me know what you suggest train travel is great - over night trains cool - 2 night stays (or 1 night is the second night is an overnight). Would like to do Gimmelwald and Perhaps Venice ( i realize i'm picking places that are far apart) Let me know!

Posted by
7119 posts

Has mom been to London and Paris before? If not, 2 days in each seems a little skimpy. Just a thought.

Posted by
3941 posts

We are flying into London, then flying to Venice fr Gatwick with British Airways - I think the prices are fine (it's Sept, so maybe prices are lower...no bargain airlines for me - too many restrictions)...so you could always fly to Venice, train to Gimmel and area, then train up to Paris...spend 2-3 nights in Venice, you could spend a day in Como on the way to Switz if that tickles your fancy and still have lots of time for Gimmel - we stayed in a small town called Spiez, I think about 20-30min by train to Lauterbrunnen then up to Murren for a bit, and Trummelbach Falls...

Posted by
9092 posts

Minimum 3 days in London. Minimum and you'll barely have scratched the surface of that vibrant city. Ryanair to Dublin. Ireland/NI are about as scenic as it gets. Day and a half in Dublin. Back to airport via shuttle. Pick up rental car. Off to Glendalough in the Wicklow Mountains. Then off you go toward the Dingle Pennisula. Few days there, up to Shannon and back to Dublin. Fly back to London. Day trips to Oxford or Stonehenge and Salisbury or Hampton Court or....then take the Eurostar to Paris.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Thanks for the help so far. We have been to Paris before, really going just for Bastille day fireworks and revisiting some old favorites. An extra day in london may be merited. I do like the whole switzerland idea. Any thoughts on Rhine river?