Please sign in to post.

Heathrow Airport

We have a lengthy layover at Heathrow Airport, from 10:45 pm to 6:45 am. Is there a safe place to rest?

Posted by
15602 posts

I had a long layover at Heathrow and couldn't leave because of a lost passport. I was stuck inside Terminal 5 (the BA terminal). On the lower level there was one area that had several couches and lots of "row" chairs but without arms, so you could stretch out and sleep. On the upper level there's a Boot's that sells sandwiches, drinks and snacks - the cheapest in the airport. It all seemed quite safe and was pretty quiet too - but I'd still recommend ear plugs.

Posted by
6898 posts

Actually, there is. The Yotel is located in Terminal 4. It actually rents very nice rooms by the hour. They're small but it works. We've spent a last night in London there before our flight. www.yotel.com

Posted by
964 posts

Having once spent the night at Heathrow, while it was safe, I'd recommend getting a cheap room at Yotel if you can. You still have to sleep with 'one eye open' if you're in a public area. And there's no guarentee you'll get a row of seats to sleep on.