Please sign in to post.

Headphones for hearing aid users

There was a thread on this about three years ago, and I thought I'd bring up the topic again in case any new technology exists. I managed on the last tour by removing one hearing aid, but was terrified I'd lose it while it rattled around in my purse (and I did lose it although I don't think that was connected to the headphone issue. Somewhere in Rome...) So has anyone recently found something they loved that wasn't humongous? My hearing isn't terrible; I just need a little boost.

Posted by
6713 posts

I have something like this, fits (tightly) over the ear with the hearing aid. Works with the "whisper" systems RS and other tours use. I've never seen more than one size, but maybe you can get a better fit by exploring.

Posted by
954 posts

I’ve gone around and around on this. Found out my hearing aids, Oticon, are not blue tooth compatible to use with the Airfly to use with the Whisper systems but it doesn’t matter anyway because we just got an email from RS tour group that stated the Whisper systems are not Bluetooth compatible which I guess means to not expect your ear pods or Airfly to sync with the system. Oh well, like you, my hearing loss is not that bad that I can’t just leave one hearing aid in and use the system, I just get nervous about losing the one I take out.

Posted by
241 posts

I have had success plugging my Airfly device into the Viking "whispers" (or similar devices from other tour companies) and then using one Airbud in one ear for the audio portion. You can control the volume with the "whisper" and you can keep one hearing aid in the ear without the Airbud. I always bring a case for the unused hearing aid to prevent unintentional loss.

~Darrel

Posted by
745 posts

We are using a dual Airfly on our current RS tour, and it is working perfectly. My husband wears the Vox,
Airfly and hearing aids, while I just use a wireless earbud in my right ear.