Please sign in to post.

Greece

There are no Greece tours on the Rick's tour site shown until 8/31. Just wondered if July and August were cancelled due to banking problems or just don't start again till late summer. Lots of problems there now so thought the tours might have been cancelled.

Posted by
1005 posts

My guess is that fewer tourists wants to travel to Greece in the heat of summer, so they don't schedule any tours in that period. By the way, Greek ATMs don't have any limit for withdrawals if you have a foreign bank account.--but of course, you've got to find an ATM with cash in it.

Posted by
13931 posts

They were not cancelled as they are not in the print catalog. No July tours for many places including the ones you would expect to be hot such as Istanbul/Turkey, Adriatic, Spain, some of the Italy tours plus others that might not be as hot such as Belgium/Holland and Bulgaria.

Posted by
208 posts

Thanks, Sure would not want to be there this week without cash in hand.

Posted by
7535 posts

Most likely no tours were planned as July and August are the very busiest months for tourism, especially in the Islands (many Europeans still take the month of August as Holiday). All that means availability of rooms is tight and costs are at their peak, even ferry tickets run short, making managing a group tour difficult.

Posted by
16893 posts

Other comments are correct. There are several Mediterranean tour itineraries that we never schedule with any significant overlap into July or August, including Greece, Turkey, Spain, South Italy, and Sicily.

Posted by
5678 posts

I have a friend who is on Crete with his family. I'm wondering how he'll cope this week. My friend posts a lot on Facebook about Zombies--he has for years--so of course, he could not resist the Huffington Post article, Greece: A Financial Zombie State.