Please sign in to post.

Global Entry renewal

With all the talk about delays with passport applications and Global Entry appointments, we thought we should renew our GE as soon as possible (they don’t expire until birthdays next year). Much to my amazement, we renewed online Wednesday morning and received approvals/renewals Friday afternoon! No mention of new cards, so we shall see.

Posted by
1659 posts

I did the same with my Nexus, which also didn't expire until next year's birthday). It took a couple of months to be processed, but I didn't have to go for an interview this time. They sent me a new card, with my old photo on it, that's good until my birthday in 2028. (Note: I couldn't apply until 1 year or less before the expiry.)

Posted by
131 posts

You'll get a new card in the mail. We also recently renewed online. My wife was approved within 24 hours and got her card about two weeks later in the mail. I, however, have to go interview before I am re-approved. (I recently spent two school years teaching in Africa and flew back and forth to Liberia four times in the past two years. Could be that or the fact that the last GE kiosk didn't recognize me since my hair went gray while I was away...)