Please sign in to post.

Frequent flyer miles

Can you use your frequent flyer miles on online discount sites ie Travelocity etc? I haven't used my miles yet and have about 173,000. Thanks again to all you wonderful people for all your help. :-)

Posted by
6788 posts

No, you can't.

You would be well advised to do some research and learn the rules of the frequent flyer game before you spend those miles (they're NOT rules that the airlines will tell you easily). Most people waste their miles needlessly.

While this website is the best out there for general info on European travel, it is not generally a good source for info on frequent flyer stuff. Try Flyertalk.com for that.

Posted by
1883 posts

Also, keep in mind that FF miles are great, but you will still have to pay the taxes on the flight. So if you book 2 economy tickets, you can also have a bill for $200+ for taxes.

you don't mention which airline you have the FF miles on...go to their site, or call a customer service agent to get your questions answered.

Also consider that you can fly on other airlines within a group..i.e. United includes Lufthansa, Continental, etc.
You might want to fly on one of those instead.

And...plan ahead! If you want tickets for this summer, you might be out of luck. Just because you have the miles to spend, the airline only allows a certain number of seats for FF tickets on each flight. You may be out of luck for this summer already...so hop on this soon.

Posted by
32 posts

Sorry I didn't say that I have Capital one card miles. I quess I should talk to the site first, but thought you might have some ideas. It looks like I'll have to buy a second ticket for my wife. Thanks again