Please sign in to post.

Free WiFi in Athens, Naples, Rome, Venice on Crown Princess 12D trip?

We will be on Crown Princess Mediterranean trip, Nov. 20 - Dec2, starts from Rome, ends in Venice, will stop at Naples, Santorini, Turkey, Mykonos, Athens, Croatia, and a few more island in Greece. I have found Piraeus port area offers free Wi-fi internet, so would like to find more Free WiFi sites, say in Athens, Naples, Rome, etc. Thanks David

Posted by
9369 posts

Try checking on www.cruisecritic.com. It is a website that focuses on cruising. You can find your exact ship there, and get information about each port.

Posted by
976 posts

The free wifi in Piraeus was very spotty and somewhat frustrating. Passengers and crew were at every port using free wifi, the easiest thing to do is ask a member of the crew where the free wifi is: perhaps one of the ones standing by with the hand sanitizer outside the ship. If you take a tour, ask your guide when you return to the ship where it is. In many ports you will see people with their laptops open at coffee houses and snack bars. FYI, Microsoft shut down my hotmail account for a couple of days midcruise till I could verify my ownership of it, on board using the ships internet.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks for sharing cruisecritic.com, and many other tips, all the info are very useful. BTW, I have found the following three sites on free WiFi in Athens:
Syntagma Square, Thissio, and Kotzia Square. For more info, see http://www.athensinfoguide.com/athenswifi.htm

Posted by
976 posts

You will also see often fastfood places and coffee bars have free wifi, especially on the touristy streets. Do watch out for your laptop's safety.