Please sign in to post.

Finnair from NYC to Dublin-- still flying the 757?

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to book tickets to fly from NYC to Dublin, and I'm very interested in a Finnair flight. I'm a little confused by some things I'm reading online, though, and I could use some advice/opinions. The plane is listed as a 757-200 narrow-body jet, both on Kayak.com and Finnair.com, but a Google search tells me that Finnair retired their last 757 at the beginning of January. Further confusion, because Kayak.com lists the flight as having an overhead entertainment screen, but Finnair.com says all its intercontinental flights have seat back entertainment systems. I plan to call Finnair's customer service later this morning, but I thought someone here might have some thoughts on the subject. Thanks!

Posted by
5425 posts

Have you checked to see whether it is a codeshare on the American Airlines flight since they are both in OneWorld?

Posted by
50 posts

Hi Edgar and Marco,

Yes, it's a code share with American Airlines-- sorry, forgot to mention that. I check the links Edgar posted, and they're listing the same information-- it's a 757-200 narrow body. Which is fine, just confusing, since I've read that Finnair retired their 757s. I think the biggest issue would be the lack of seat-back systems (three teens...), but it's an overnight flight and we could probably use the sleep instead. Thanks!

Posted by
1994 posts

I don't know if it's changed recently, but when I was using up a lot of American Airlines frequent flyer miles, what I disliked most about American was the narrow-body planes on most routes to Europe and the lack of seatback entertainment. So maybe it's a codeshare with American?

Posted by
50 posts

Hi Sherry,

Yes, it's a code share with American-- I forgot to mention in my first message. So, you wouldn't recommend?

Thanks!