Please sign in to post.

February Denver Group meeting, 2/16/2013

In February we will meet, as usual, on the third Saturday, the 16th, at Panera Bread in Aspen Grove at 10 AM.

Posted by
23177 posts

For some of the newer folks that is Aspen Grove on the NW corner of Mineral and Santa Fe a couple miles north of the Santa Fe and C470 intersection. Also end of line for the SW line of the light rail.

Posted by
23177 posts

Lee, too much cutting and pasting, need to edit the title.

Posted by
32171 posts

Lee, I'm assuming you mean the February Denver Group meeting???

Posted by
19052 posts

Ops, that's what I get for reusing an old posting. Fortunately the webmaster has fixed the editing of original posts. Actually, it's just over a mile on Santa Fe from the C-470 interchange to the intersection with Mineral (just before the light rail pedestrian bridge), then 3/10 mile using the back way to the parking lot in front of Panera.

Posted by
2119 posts

I'll be there ... I was hoping this meeting was going to be the housewarming at Frank's, though!

Posted by
143 posts

Dang. Can't make it this month -- I have a band gig at the same time, and then I leave for Italy four days later! Talk to you all at the April meeting! RJ

Posted by
19052 posts

Ross, have a good time in Italy.

Posted by
23177 posts

We booked a trip to Italy in May in less than three hours. Got a call at 11, make a couple of calls myself, and by two oclock it was locked in and paid for. For less than the price of an airline tickets we get nine nights, and a rental car.

Posted by
19052 posts

Bump Frank, hope it's not a cruise!

Posted by
4406 posts

"For less than the price of an airline tickets we get nine nights, and a rental car." Do share, Frank!

Posted by
23177 posts

You don't have a car on a cruise. It is a package. Our younger son and long time girl friend are in New York. He is with an international bank which means very long hours, high salary, big bonus, but min time off. For the past year we have been kicking around the idea of lets find a deal and good to Europe for week. He found one on Travel Zoo which I am not familiar with but he claims is good. It hit the web early one morning - RT direct New York to Rome on Delta, 7 nights in a castle converted hotel (4 Stars on Trip Adviser) about 30 miles from Florence, 2 nights in Rome (actually outside of Rome), a mid size car for four people, all for $1250/person. The dates available were mid May. Today that Delta flight is $1195. Out on May 9 and back on the 19. If we didn't have a upcoming busy summer with a couple of other trips alread planned we would stayed longer but for them it is a good fit - two weekends and the week between. The package was gone by mid afternoon so it had to be a quick decision. The unpack of boxes and settling into a our new house can wait. No meals but one dinner and wine tour at one of the nearby wineries. All in all looked like a decent deal.

Posted by
3 posts

We just discovered this posting on 2/21/2013! Is this a group of Rick Steves Tour veterans? Are you open to rookies as well? If so, when and where is the next meeting? We are booked on a 14 day Best of Europe Tour this May. As first-timers, we have lots of questions. Thanks so much.

Posted by
9110 posts

Do not go there! I haven't because they're a bunch of elitist snobs that that make a novice sit along the wall instead of at the table with the big dogs. Expect ridicule and harassment if you dare to open your mouth. It's kind of fun, however, to watch the preliminaries where they see who can do the mental math to convert dollars to euro to the tenth decimal place.

Posted by
19052 posts

Con, ignore Ed's caustic remarks. He's kidding (I hope) since he has never been to one of our meeting. Someone likes them; we had 8 or 9 attendees in February. You will be welcomed. Some of our attendees are tour veterans. Other, like me, feel we get much more for our money by planning for ourselves (and we also enjoy the planning almost as much as the trip itself).

Posted by
9110 posts

I was obviously funning around. That mob has a wealth of knowledge.

Posted by
11 posts

Hello guys, New to the site....will the next meeting in Denver be on March 16th? Thank you
Dan