Please sign in to post.

Euros

Should I buy some before I leave or get them from a cash machhine in paris

Posted by
23548 posts

I take a hundred Euro from a local bank so that I don't have to worry about finding an ATM in the airport. After that it is only ATMs. A debit card at an ATM is the cheapest and most convenient way to obtain local currency - bar none.

Posted by
11507 posts

I do exactly what Frank does, unless I am lucky enough to have some left over euros from previous trips. I like to arrive with 100 euros just so I can head straight to hotel and dump luggage before finding an ATM.

Posted by
653 posts

When you order euros from your bank, be sure to get small denominations (five is the smallest) since your first use of them will probably be for low-cost items. Sometimes taxi drivers or automated ticket kiosks can't make change for a hundred note.

Posted by
3050 posts

Zoe brings up a good point. A lot of people don't want to give change for a 50 for small purchases. 5-20s will be the most useful.

Posted by
77 posts

... and if I may add: have lots of change!!! Many ticket machines only take coins. Trust me, you will remember me when you are face to face with a machine that does not take bills! :)