Please sign in to post.

European Travel News?

Wondering what's happened to the weekday travel news headlines. Nothing new since Tuesday. Maybe someone got some well-deserved time off?

Posted by
10344 posts

Eric,
I noticed the same thing.
This is starting to be the time of the year when some of the RS staff are going on RS tours. Maybe that's it.

Posted by
994 posts

Hi Eric and Kent,

You both weren't far from the truth. Someone went on vacation and that person's backup (er... me) forgot to update the daily European news on Wednesday and Thursday. I've now posted today's news and back-loaded our daily news selections for Wednesday and Thursday here:

http://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/read/travel-news/european-headlines-archive

Not that I expect this to really happen again as this is probably the first time I've ever flat-out forgotten to update the news in my 6+ years working on our website, but if you ever seem like something isn't functioning correctly on the website, do feel free to contact us directly at [email protected]. My apologies for my error and hopefully I'll be less human in the future. ;)

Posted by
1206 posts

Thank you for the update, Webmaster, and I've made note of how to contact you directly. Thanks for all of your efforts! It truly is appreciated.