Please sign in to post.

Europe in November

Any suggestions for a European destination for 3 adults in November?

Posted by
23550 posts

Please, a bit more information. Europe is a bit bigger than IL. What do you want to see or do. Where have you been before?

Posted by
3428 posts

For more than 20 years my husband and I would go to the UK (and sometimes to Austria, too) in late Nov/early Dec. We loved seeing the Christmas markets, having smaller crowds, and enjoying different seasonal foods. The shorter days didn't bother us- neither did the cooler, damper weather. If you will share more of your interests, we might be able to make suggesstions that will be more relevant for YOU. For example are you into winter sports such as skiing? Love a certain period of history or art? Love (or hate) museums? etc... The more details you share, the more "focused" our answers.

Posted by
19 posts

We've been to Rome, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre but are interested in anything. We are not athletic but do like: to walk; museums, science, history,restaurants. We have a total of about 10 days, 8 when we figure in 2 for traveling. We are open to any and all suggestions.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi, I am also interested in a trip to Europe in November. My husband will be in London for business the first week of November and I have the option of joining him. I would like to plan a week trip around that time - maybe even heading to the Mediterranean but it seems as though the weather everywhere is cold and rainy. We enjoy site-seeing and historical attractions but nothing too strenuous. We particularly enjoy getting out of the cities - renting a car and driving around the county-sides. Does anyone have any suggestions for an interesting vacation?

Posted by
2425 posts

We were in Barcelona two years ago end of November (I think 3rd week) and maybe we were lucky but had no rain, temp low 60's during the day and maybe high 40's at night and we loved it. Not sure if it is worth a week though, maybe you could get over to Madrid and split your time between both.

Posted by
33469 posts

Gibraltar should be warm. Majorca too.

Posted by
2952 posts

Hi Kathy, When in November are you planning to travel? I ask since many of the wonderful Christmas/Advent Markets in Austira start in mid/late November. For instance, the markets in Salzburg start November 17 this year. http://www.salzburg.info/en/art_culture/advent_new_years_eve/advent_christmas_markets/ The later in November the better for visitng the Christmas Markets, as most open a week later than Salzburg's. http://www.worldisround.com/home/pja1/index.html Paul

Posted by
1717 posts

Hello Kathy. The first country I thought of is Greece : islands at the Agean Sea that have airports - Naxos, Santorini, Crete, and some people like the island Rhodes. I think the weather is not likely to be cold there in the first week of November. But there can be a cool wind at Naxos in the third week in November. But, you said you are interested in museums, science, history, restaurants. I liked the archaeological museum (ancient little things made of metal, and stone) located at Rhodes Old Town on the island Rhodes. But I thought the reconstructed palace of the Knights Hospitalers there is mediocre. But, for all of your interests, and being there in November, I think being in a big city - London or Paris, would be a good choice. Both of those cities have good museums, science museums, history, restaurants. I think London is the most interesting city in the world. In eight days you could visit both London and Paris, if you wish to do that. Inside a big museum or mansion or cathedral or concert hall, a person is protected from the weather, and a person there might not be aware of the weather.

Posted by
2 posts

There are many places in Europe to visit. I suggest you try to cover these places such as London , Paris, Rome . One more thing you should keep in mind about your accommodation .Book your hotel first through online hotel booking portal.Last time during my Europe travel I found an online portal called Flybee through searching Internet. I needed low budget hotel.I booked my low budget hotel through Flybee which is one of the best online portal .I suggest you if you need any kind of guidance regarding your tour go through Flybee it might help you.

Posted by
12313 posts

In November, I'd go South of the Alps. Rome in early November was perfect. The crowds were still there but manageable. The weather was ideal, plenty warm in the day for short sleeves without being miserable like in the summer. We had one evening of light rain but not enough to even need an umbrella. I think southern Spain or Turkey would also be great. Unless you want the summer nightlife, Greece would be nice. Malta, Cypress... lots of good choices.

Posted by
12313 posts

Another nice thing about November is you can go without reservations in many places. I did reserve for Rome but didn't for any other stops: Florence, Siena, Lucca, CT, Venice, Orvieto, Verona, Modena. Instead I carried a phone list to call for lodging the morning before arriving and didn't have a problem (sometimes had to call more than one place on my list).

Posted by
207 posts

My husband and I are going to Paris in November. We have also done London, Warwick and Bath in November.