Please sign in to post.

Euro railways

Going from London to Paris in two weeks. I saw the posts and I'm to late to purchase the least expensive tickets for five. Euro railways which I understand it's a ticket agency ,has tickets for $800 US less. Legit has anyone used this company?

Posted by
20947 posts

G to www.eurostar.com and shop. Yes, you are a bit late for the best fares. $800 equals 500 GBP or 100 GBP per person. So if you see anything under 100 GBP, jump on it. You really need to book out 30 days to get the best fares.
Oh yeh, Eurostar is its real name. Any other name creates confusion.

Posted by
2 posts

Is euro railways the same as Eurostar? If not is it a reputable company?

Posted by
33457 posts

I've never heard of Euro Railways as you call it. Use Eurostar. Don't use anywhere else. Use the link above.

Posted by
20947 posts

Eurostar is the company that operates the trains between London and Paris. I am not familiar with Euro Railways. But why go through a middle man when you can go directly to the source. I sometimes use www.capitainetrain.com for French tickets because the French railway (SNCF) uses a very stringent credit card vetting system that rejects most North American credit cards. Capitainetrain also sells Eurostar tickets. They are good.

Remember, if the site is quoting prices in US$, there is some built in extra for currency exchange fees. If you buy direct, it is in the currency of the operating company. In the case of Eurostar, that would be in GBP. Your credit card company will handle the currency exchange automatically, often with a 3 % fee, but some cards charge nothing (Capital One for instance).

Posted by
8889 posts

I think the poster means http://www.eurorailways.com
This looks like a small scale reseller of the sort I would run a mile from. They give the following contact details:

Euro Railways Inc.
1611 NW 91st Ave # 321
33071 - Coral Springs – FL
Phone: +1 (954) 323-8389
Fax: +1 (954) 252-4388

I did a lookup on Paris to London (it does not give the option entry of a travel date). It quotes

$ 235.00 Single, $ 414.00 Return second class "flexi" ticket (That's US $)

That's just about the most expensive fare you can get. And they are not quoting in the actual currency the ticket is priced in (Euros), so they are probably hiding a currency markup.
Run away from this site FAST.
Always buy train tickets from the railway company that actually runs the trains (in this case www.eurostar.com ).