Please sign in to post.

Eurail pass

In Australia don't order from Railplus or Raileurope as they have a habit of writing the wrong addresses on their mail!Then good luck trying to sort it as they are pretty hard to get hold of!

Posted by
7209 posts

I know that must be frustrating. But an even better suggestion is to avoid Eurail Passes altogether as they are over priced and require more work and money on your part even after you pay dearly for the pass.

Posted by
4 posts

I agree but everything is expensive in Norway and Sweden and the Oz dollar value bounces up and down like a kangaroo so buying the pass made budgeting more predictable I just can't believe they sent it to a wrong address

Posted by
16894 posts

Did you order by phone or online? I would not expect online orders to be modified. Did you really order from both companies? I hope you got it sorted out. A Eurail Scandinavia pass can be a pretty good value.

Posted by
4 posts

Railplus is part of Raileurope and I ordered by typing, as correctly displayed on billing details but dispatch from them was written incorrectly by hand. My gripe is that they sent an email telling me I had to pay for another pass! Anyway good to hear that you consider the pass good value I want to wake up, crawl out of the bush/tent (its legal to pitch pretty much anywhere there) and go down to the station and hop on a train to anywhere and point to point fares are expensive last minute in Sweden and Norway unless bought months ahead Oh Australia Post found the envelope and saved the day

Posted by
16894 posts

Good for Australia Post! (USA deliveries tend not to rely on the post office.)