Please sign in to post.

England/Ireland

We would like to tour London & Liverpool England and tour Ireland. Can this be done in 14 days?

Posted by
20 posts

It's certainly possible depending on how much you want to see. You could spend two weeks exploring in London and it's surroundings and still have things left to see. I went to Ireland a few years ago and stayed in Galway and Dublin over a week and then went to London for the second week with a couple of days in Hampshire before arriving in London proper. That pace was right for me and the amount of places didn't make it feel too rushed.

I've never been to Liverpool so I'll let others who have say how much time really you need there but using my trip as an example you could stay 3 or 4 nights in London and then 2 nights in Liverpool. Use the rest of the time for Ireland if you want to include the south or the north besides Dublin and Galway.

Posted by
8045 posts

We have visited England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland (including Northern Ireland) several times and love each country.

Our last visit was to England and South Wales in 2017 when we rented a car for four weeks and drove all over the countryside staying out of London, Birmingham, Manchester and other large cities.

I see many plan visits to the UK and spend most of the time in London and Edinburgh, not visiting the smaller towns and cities.

You could spend your entire two weeks in England and see only a fraction of the great places.

We have been to Liverpool and did not think it was a first tier attraction.

For England, places like Oxford, Cambridge, Canterbury, Salisbury, Avebury, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Wells, Glastonbury, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwick, The Yorkshire Moors, York (we loved York), Hadrian's Wall, Durham, Whitby, The Lake District, and Winchester.

For South Wales, we did Cardiff, Tenby, St. Davids and more.

If you plan to see Ireland thoroughly, you need 10 days if you don't do N. Ireland and two weeks if you do.

Posted by
14513 posts

Reported "Murad" poster to the webmaster to review. I don't think anyone here is silly enough to click on his spammy links.

Posted by
12313 posts

London can take as many days as you want to spend there. Liverpool (assuming Beatles sights?) is probably a one day stop. Ireland, again, depends on what you want to see.

Can you see everything? Not likely. Can you create a good two-week itinerary that covers your top sights? Yes, you can do a lot in two weeks.

Posted by
2976 posts

Pamela, welcome to the forum.
With 14 days, you can spend 1 week in London with a side trip to Liverpool and the other week in Ireland. Fly “multi-city” into London, home from Dublin or Shannon. Or vice versa depending on your itinerary and flights available.

Are you renting a car in Ireland? If not, Rabbie’s Tours has day trips and multi-day trips in both England and Ireland.

Can you tell us more about your plans? When? What you want to see and do? It will help answer your questions instead of tossing out ideas like I just did.

FWIW, next year my trip is a week in London including a Rabbies day tour to the Cotswolds. Followed by RS South of England tour. Followed by four nights in Killarney and five nights in Dublin. Based on that, your 14 days is very doable. (It’s my third trip to London and second to Ireland.)