Please sign in to post.

electricity

When in GB, France, and Germany, if we use a adapter, can we use one of the multi plugs like we have at home & charge up more things at once? My husband says yes... I thought I'd ask. :)

Posted by
23548 posts

Probably. As long as the multi plug does not have a built in surge protector. As long as just a plug, it will work.

Posted by
19234 posts

For years I have used a 3 to 1 plug adapter, the kind you plug onto the end of an extension cord to add three receptacles. It's worked for me.

Posted by
9110 posts

I do exactly what Lee does, but use two in order to piggyback to get out of a recessed socket or to accommodate odd-shaped plugs or battery chargers.

Posted by
32321 posts

Shelley, As Frank mentioned, it's important NOT to use a Power Bar that has any kind of RFI Filters or Surge Suppression built-in. Most are not designed for use on 220 VAC electrical systems, and will self-destruct as soon as plugged in (possibly with a spectacular display of sparks and smoke). That may also trip the breaker in the hotel, possibly cutting power to a section of an entire floor. I can tell you from watching others cut power to an entire floor, that hotel owners are NOT impressed by that sort of thing. This Power Bar from Magellan's IS designed for use in Europe (you may be able to find the same product locally at Future Shop or wherever): http://www.magellans.com/dualvoltage-power-strip Cheers!