Do I have to bring a converter to plug my devices in? IPod, cell phone electric shaver etc ?

Posted by Eileen
Texan in CA
4147 posts

Probably not. If the devices and chargers say 100-240V and 50-60Hz, you just need to bring the $2 adaptors. iPods are fine, and your phone probably is; definitely check on your shaver.

Posted by Ken
Vernon, Canada
21715 posts

john, The first thing you'll need to do is check EACH device that you plan to bring, looking for the words "Input Voltage". If these say "Input 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz" then you'll only need inexpensive Plug Adaptors. There are two main types used, one for the U.K. and one for the continent. You may or may not also need a Voltage Converter. That will depend on what you find when you check the Input Voltage ratings. If you DO need a Voltage Converter, it's important to use only a transformer-type model with electronic devices. A 50-watt model should be adequate. Check the Magellans website for good descriptions of Convertors, Adapters, etc. Happy travels!

Posted by john
sacramone, ct, usa
13 posts

Thanks Ken for your input. I appreciate it.