Please sign in to post.

electrical adapters

Does Copenhagen use 2-thin pin or 2-thick pin adapters?

Posted by
32216 posts

Dean, I believe Denmark uses the smaller pin-size, but if using non-grounded (two pin) Plug Adapters, either one should work. If you require a grounded Plug Adapter, the style for Denmark is a bit different than other European countries so be sure to purchase the correct model. You may find it helpful to have a look at this website: www.magellans.com/store/guide/Countries___Denmark I'd suggest taking at least two Plug Adapters as they're so easy to misplace. Happy travels!

Posted by
15593 posts

This website has info on every country: http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm They say: Denmark's connectors have slight differences from those used elsewhere. While pin diameter and spacing is standard, outlets may have different housing depths which could interfere with standard adaptors -- one report says this is due to "childproofing."

Posted by
265 posts

You can use the same adapters for Denmark as for most of continental Europe (Germany, France etc.), that is the narrow two pin (4 mm wide pins) or the wide two pin (4.8 mm wide pins), both work. The newer outlets are recessed by 6 mm, the older outlets are not recessed but have a switch instead, remember to flip it! The grounding system is different from the rest of Europe, but a two pin adapter never transfers the ground anyway and no electrical equipment that a traveller would bring needs grounding. The adapter needs to be able to be ed into recessed sockets, but I believe all do, as many other European countries also use recessed sockets, at least in grounded outlets.