Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tickets

I planning to visit Eiffel Tower in June and would like to ask if it is recommended to purchase those skip the line tickets? Is it worth it cause the queue will be long? Tks

Posted by
222 posts

Hello Yee Fong,
We purchased the tickets on-line in advance to use when we visited Paris in 2010. I timed it so we could be there just before sunset. We were there in September and walked right up in front of quite a long line of people waiting. Got right in the elevator with almost no wait. I think it was well worth buying the tickets in advance. It was such a great experience and so beautiful as the sun was setting over the city - we got fabulous photos! Have a great time!!

Posted by
7209 posts

If you will look in the "WEST" section you'll see lots of discussions about pre-booking the Eiffel Tower Tickets. Unfortunately the tower is having elevator problems which severely limits the number of tickets being sold on the website. Good luck finding one at this late date.

Posted by
5836 posts

We visited during September. The line for stair access (walking) was a lot shorter than the line for elevator access. You are only allowed to walk to the second deck but walking is a lot more aesthetic than being jammed into a elevator cab.

Posted by
11507 posts

yes, and you can get tickets to the top from the second deck,,but I personally think the view from the second deck is more then enough. I also advocate for taking the stairs, its not that hard if you are healthy ( I did it first time at 45) and it does save time.

Posted by
11507 posts

Yee Fong,, at this point you just will not be able to get any advance tickets, because the elevators are broken all the advance tickets sold out quickly, and there are tours that that used to allow you to line skip, but they sold out also, and some have now said they cannot guarantee line skipping, you just need to accept you will have to wait in line. You can go early , before it opens and wait, or you can try later in day and see how lines are.. You can also take my advice and get in the line to take the stairs, its much shorter.

Posted by
11507 posts

Yee Fong,,no, you will pay more with concierge,,, you should just book directly with a tour company. Look at Cityrama.com and Parisvisions. This website you found is just a service to sell you tours ,, and the cost will be higher. A tour to Versailles is not needed, it is easy to go on your own, but if you are nervous and want to take a tour then those two companies are very reputable.

Posted by
11507 posts

Also,to go take the RER you do not prepurchase tickets, you just buy them the day you wish to go,, the trains leave very often, there is no reserved seating, it is only a 40 minute train ride.
In which area are you staying, we can tell you which RER station to go to get the RER to Versailles. You can prepurchase tickets online for Versailles directly from the Versailles website( if you purchase from somewhere else you will pay more). You can also use the Paris Museum Pass for Versailles. It is a very good idea to either prepurchase the tickets or use the pass as the lines for tickets at Versailles can be hours long.

Posted by
6 posts

Tks for your prompt response, I think I will buy train tickets and go explore Versailles. I will check whether i need to purchase train tickets in advance.

Posted by
11507 posts

Yee Fong,, you CANNOT purchase RER tickets in advance online,, you can only purchase them while in Paris, at a metro or RER station, this is a regular commuter train,, you know for the suburbs,, just regular trains, they run about every 15 minutes or so. All you need to do is go to a RER station closest you. You want to take the RER Line C,, direction Versailles Rive Gauche,, not Versailles Chantiers.