Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

We are looking for a reasonable tour of the Eiffel Tower - not just the lift tickets. The only ones we have been able to find are on a Saturday or a Wednesday and neither of those days works for us. Otherwise, all of the tours include additional sites other than the Eiffel

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Betty. I'm having trouble envisioning what you mean by a tour of the Eifel tower. I'm oversimplifying a little, but you pretty much just go up and enjoy the view. Not sure what a tour guide would add...?

Posted by
32813 posts

I agree with Bob. You go up, make your way to the edge, look out, move around to a different side, make your way to the edge, look out, repeat. When done, go down. I find it hard to imagine what a personal guide would add. If you want to know what you are looking out at, there are dozens of books, pamphlets, and flyers which show all that. Be very careful when buying tickets, lining up for the elevator, while in the elevator, and when up on a level, looking out for pickpockets. It can get quite crowded.

Posted by
4 posts

There are actual 1 1/2 hour tours that are available that take you into the "bunkers" of the tower and the boiler rooms to see the workings of the tower etc. as well as anecdotal comments about the histoyr of the tower. The tours sound interesting but only run on Sundays and Wednesdays that I can find.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the responses. I guess I am making this too complicated. I have just booked lift tickets for a certain time and am looking forward to enjoying the view! Merci!

Posted by
10344 posts

Walking down can be fun, with the right weather, and if no one is bothered by a little height.

Posted by
2349 posts

I think I know why we get occasional questions about taking a tour of the Eiffel Tower. Is is that people see "Tour Eiffel" and think they need to take a tour?

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for all the input , but really, there are tours offered with a couple.of companies. Glad I didnt invest in it!

Posted by
872 posts

I actually think a tour of the Eiffel Tower sounds rather interesting in order to get some history and additional access. Once you've been once, there isn't much more to it other than maybe enjoying a picknick at the base and/or watching the sparkling lights. Betty, if this is your first time, then go up and enjoy the view and ambiance. For a second timer, a tour may be worthwhile. If you would be so kind as to maybe inlcude the info for the tours (a website?), I'll add it to my list of Paris things to do when I go back. Have a good time!