Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

Like others have posted here, I am going to Paris in May and was hoping to reserve tickets. With a lift being out, would booking a Viator Tour (Skip the Line, Eiffel Tower) be a good idea or are the long lines just for the lifts to get up the tower and not really to purchase tickets. and...do the tour operators have the ability to move you past the lines if you have an assigned time with them? Thanks so much...line or not, I want to see the Eiffel Tower!

Posted by
1244 posts

Hi Nancy. Dare I say you might be over-thinking this? Suggest you just show up when convenient and wait in line. It'll probably be 1/2 hour or less and the people- watching is good. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
11507 posts

Or, just take the stairs., the lines will not be as long and the walk up is interesting, and doable by any healty person . Stairs are wide enough people can pass you so you don't have to rush. Stairs are at south foot( Pilar Sud)

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks for your posts...I appreciate the feedback!
Bob, I am absolutley overthinking everthing to do with this trip...thanks for the reality check!

Posted by
167 posts

Can one take the stairs all the way to the top? (or only to the first one or two platforms?) Pete

Posted by
407 posts

Pete, You can only get to the first 2 platforms by the stairs, you have to take an elevator to get to the top. We took the elevators up so we could get there before I lost my nerve (I have a bit of vertigo), and then came down from the 2nd platform by the stairs. Leslie

Posted by
407 posts

Nancy, I don't know how it will be in May, but according to a post on the "To the West" thread, because of the elevator being out the tours can no longer skip the lines. She said her friends climbed the stairs to the 2nd platform and bought tickets for the elevator to the top and didn't have much of a wait that way (lines at the bottom were 2 hours). Of course, there's the time it takes to climb the stairs, and it's March not May which will make a difference, too.