Please sign in to post.

Easyhotel...

Has anyone ever styed at the easyhotel chain? I am looking at the one in Victoria, London. Pros? Cons? Also, when in London, is Victoria the best location to stay? Erin

Posted by
1986 posts

The best place to stay in London is as close to the West End (Piccadilly/Trafalgar Square/ Leicester Square/ Mayfair) as you can get. Walking distance of "everything". However, it is generally not the cheapest. Victoria/Paddington/Earls Court are usually recommended because they are way less expensive and "reasonably" convenient to transportation. (but grubby in my opinion). However, a gentler place is Bloomsbury still relatively inexpensive but not as overwhelmed with tourists- and close to British Museum and also to the theater district. If you were in London for a longer period i also like Sloane Square (but needs a Tube to get anywhere).

Posted by
15 posts

Do you have a recommendation in that area?

Posted by
307 posts

I've stayed at easyHotel Paddington( only 5 minute walk to Paddington Station), if you're a "travel on the cheap" type of traveller, and don't need frills( eg no furniture besides a bed, no towels, need to rent TV remote, no restaurant in hotel, etc), it'll do the job. Given the cost of accommodations in the heart of London, if you just want a place to lay your head, and don't plan on spending much time in your room, it's suitable. I'd stay again if I was on a super tight budget..

Posted by
2 posts

I just stayed at the EasyHotel Earl's Court last month with my travel friend. Honestly, its an excellent value if you're on a strict budget. Besides the truly awful shower (because it is so small) the hotel itself is bright, clean, and hospitable. Internet computers available off of the lobby and Earl's Court is just the best location to get anywhere in London. There is a tube station less than 5 min away, a Tesco (Britain's version of a supermarket) right on the corner that's open 24 hours, and tons of cute shops/pubs/coffee shops (even a Starbucks with free wi-fi) all in this quaint little neighborhood. Highly recommend this EasyHotel. It was also my first trip to London, and I felt completely safe in this area even at night. Its slightly less 'downtown' and has a bit more of local feel than some other areas that were very touristy.