Please sign in to post.

Easter week in Paris 2010

My wife, me and my Mother -in- Law will be arriving in Paris early morning the Saturday before Easter Sunday 2010. We will be arriving on April 3rd, 2010. We will not be returning until the following Friday (April 9th, 2010). We are planning to see and visit the normal touist sites in Paris, but we also want to take 2day trips, one to Disney Paris, as well as a one day trip on the train to London. We weill return that same day late evening. Because of Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, we are not sure as to what would be the best days to do the 2 one day trips. We have from the Saturday before Easter until the Thursday before we leave to do the 2 one day trips and to see the normal Paris sites. Any suggeestions and or helpfuul hints such as must do tyrpe things to help make our trip as rewarding as possible would be wonderful.

Thanks

Posted by
38 posts

I hope you all have a LOT of stamina, good feet and good shoes. You're asking a lot of yourselves to do so much in a short time. You can see most of the highlights of central Paris using one of the tour buses. If you get a 2-day pass, you can also use it for limited transportation. Don't miss the Latin Quarter (great food, cheap prices) and pick just one or two museums -- there's no way you can cover everything. Don't discount the jet lag effect on your arrival -- I'm always exhausted that first day/evening. If you have time in London, try to see the Churchill War Rooms (fabulous) and take a tour bus there, too. Check street posters for a concert at the Chatelet. Give yourselves some breathing time to just enjoy the beautiful City -- Luxembourg Gardens are wonderful and a great site for photos. Disney Paris -- really?
Have fun!

Posted by
23557 posts

Have you considered an open jaw ticket -- into London and home from Paris??? Given the limited time you have, that would make more efficient use of your time instead of a day trip to London.