Please sign in to post.

Dual-voltage appliances

Where do you buy these?

I have a dual-voltage hairdryer and iron, but would love to find a two cup hot pot. In our hotel room in Paris, there was no tea/coffee making pot, and since I prefer to start the morning and end the evening with something hot and decaf, that was a real downer.

Posted by
386 posts

Eli,
this is just a random thought, but these little hot-pots are extremely common and fairly cheap here in Europe. I just bought a nice one for my niece's dorm room for €8. They are also widely available everywhere. How about buying one in Europe?

Posted by
1170 posts

Corinna, I never thought of that!

Great idea. I did see a huge one that my sister had in Brittany and thought they only came in that size.

Posted by
15079 posts

You could buy something like this:

Portable Water Heater (which is made by a British company)

or

take Corinna's advice and get a small one there. Especially if your'e only going to use it in Europe (single voltage.)

Posted by
9363 posts

My mom bought me a small one at Heathrow (who knows why she selected this time and place, but there you go) that came with two little cups inside. I have used it on two trips since.

Posted by
1170 posts

Nancy, do you know if yours would work in other countries in Europe like France or Spain?

Posted by
5533 posts

Eli,

The electric kettles are pretty inexpensive and you can easily find them in Europe.

If you buy one in the UK, you could also use it on the European continent. You just have to by a UK to Continent plug adaptor (you can easily get one there).

Posted by
9363 posts

Yes, it worked great in Spain. I just had to use a plug adapter for the continental outlets. (I bought a set the next time I was in the UK.)