we are planing our next family trip (july 2019). We have come with a general plan that need tuning.
1) flight into Venice (2 nights) then rent a car for the whole trip.
2) Trieste (1-2 nights)
3) (Istria (4-5 nights)
4) Plitvice (2 nights) ..should we make a detour to Zadar or somewehre else a bit in the southern part before going there?
5) zagreb (2 nights)
6) Slovenia (6-7 nights), we will have to choose two base to see : Ljubljana, Bohinj, BLed, caves, Vrsic pass, julian alps) Anything else ?
7) Road to the Dolomites (stop in route ? )
8) Dolomites (6 nights with two bases..maybe Cortina and Ortisei ? with day trip to Tre Cime and Bolzano)
9) Verona (2 nights)
10) Padova (1 night)
11) fly back to Montreal
We have chose , not an easy decision , to leave out the dalmatian coast for that trip. That would mean to rush some places. Since we are travelling in the heart of summer with two kids (7 ans 11) we have to move not too fast.
Should we do the loop other way around (strat with Verona and Dolomites and end with Istria and Trieste ) ?
Travel would be july 6 to agust 2.