Please sign in to post.

Dinner Cruise in Paris

Wondering if the dinner cruise in Paris is worth the cost? Will be taking my 74 year old mom to Paris for her first trip to Europe this summer. Which cruise and time would you recommend?

Posted by
10244 posts

This is a double post. You should delete the other one. The dinner cruises are over priced and the food isn't good. Eat at a restaurant and take a non-dinner cruise instead. I've done the cruises a couple of times. I don't remember which company. Both times I got the boat near the Eiffel Tower.

Posted by
3313 posts

Bateaux Mouches is fine. Don't buy dinner. Just take the cruise. Evening when the lights are coming on is ideal.

Posted by
565 posts

I took my Mom on one a few months back and we had a great time. She's only in her fifties, but has issues walking long distances so it was a great way to see Paris. There's no better way to see it at night than by boat. We took the cruise that had a live band and dancing, so that was a little extra fun. The food was not the best, but not terrible either and the champagne and wine were plentiful. It wasn't cheap so if you are on a budget, I'd just do the cruise only boat. I'd do the dinner one again myself though. Either way, I'd do a night cruise. It will most likely be a highlight for a first timer. Have fun with your Mom!

Posted by
2788 posts

This question gets asked here regularly and the consensus seems to be to skip the dinner (over priced and not all that good for the cost) and eat at a nice restaurant on land and then take the cruise just as the lights are coming on in the evening. I have taken the evening cruise and can certainly recommend that.