Please sign in to post.

D Day Tour

We are,traveling to Normandy in April by car and plan to spend a day visiting the D Day beaches. Would like to down load an audio tour on my phone. Any suggestions?

Posted by
7642 posts

We took a tour from a cruise ship that included the D Day beaches, US cemetery and Bayeux (including the wonderful tapestry).

Don't miss the Bayeux Tapestry.

Posted by
32198 posts

busroe,

I don't know of any audio tours that cover the D-Day beaches. That sort of thing might be a bit challenging to produce, as there are so many historic sites spread out over a wide area.

I would highly recommend taking one of the excellent D-Day tours offered in that area, either a half-day or full-day tour. You'll learn far more than by travelling about on your own, and that will provide a more interesting and memorable visit to the area. One tour that seems to be well reviewed here on the forum is Overlord Tour, and they offer a variety of itineraries to suit just about any interest.

As you'll have a car, you could also have a look at a tour with Visit D-Day as the guide will travel with you in the car.

As you may be aware, it would be prudent to have an International Driver's Permit for driving in France. That's used in conjunction with your home D.L. and can be easily obtained at any AAA / CAA office for a reasonable fee.