Please sign in to post.

Customs Checks on Train from Amsterdam to London in August 2023

Hello dear travelers,

I'm wondering when the Customs check(s) will be (and a ballpark on time) on our train from Amsterdam, changing trains in Brussels, then on to London St. Pancras station. The first leg is a Thalys train, the second leg is Eurostar. We have almost 2 hours for the switch in Brussels and plenty of time before boarding in Amsterdam. I'm wondering if there will be any hold-up when we arrive in London for customs because we're thinking of hopping on another train when we arrive in London. Thanks for your help. It feels nearly impossible to find this info in an online search.

Posted by
149 posts

We did the exact same route/train last year. Passport control was in Brussels and as I recall the Eurostar was downstairs. Allow at least an hour for changing trains and going through check points. You will walk straight off the train in London-no additional screening.

Posted by
332 posts

There are no customs or immigration on arrival at London St Pancras International.

Posted by
15 posts

Wonderful! That's what I was hoping. We have plenty of time in Brussels, so I appreciate your insights.