Please sign in to post.

Currency exchange

What would be the best option for exchanging pounds for Euros? Where? When? I'll be traveling by Eurostar from London-Paris.

Posted by
368 posts

How many are you expecting to have?

If it was a small amount, I would hold on to them and get more cash out with my debit card from an ATM when I got to Paris. If I had a large amount I would probably exchange them for Euros at a bank...

Just remember, the more exchanges you do, the more money you loose.

Posted by
864 posts

As I recall there are two ATMs inside the waiting room at the London Eurostar. Kinda over to the left from the security line entrance (near I think it was a coffee bar). One is for Euros and one is for Pounds. Maybe you could put in pounds and get out Euro's from the appropriate machine. Never tried it myself as I just bring home any extra money for the next trip. If you're not returning to London just spend down until you've got a very small amount and donate it to the "Children's Fund" or whatever on the flight back to the U.S.

Posted by
286 posts

How many pounds will you have? If just a few buy snacks at the station or on the train. There is a bureau de change at the station too.Last time I took the Eurostar, I saw a Euro ATM. Gare du Nord will have the same options too.