Please sign in to post.

Croatia in August

Hi,

I'm looking at a beach holiday this August to just relax and bum around on the beach and thought Croatia looked like a good place to do just that.

Does anyone have any info on if August is a good month to go to Croatia, such as weather, crowds etc?

My initial plan is to stay at a hostel to meet new people and after I get fed up of the beach, to do a bit of traveling around the country.

Thanks,

Posted by
4637 posts

Weather is hot, crowds are big. But if you want to relax on the beach that's the month.

Posted by
16895 posts

I think you'll want to make some reservations in advance for the high season, especially if you need to stick to a moderate budget.

Posted by
8068 posts

Croatia is beautiful, but hot in August. Also, the terrain is very hilly, and there are few actual beaches. There are a lot of places on the water with rocks.

If you want beaches, I suggest one of the Greek Islands.

If you want to travel in Croatia, Dubrovnik is a must see, as well as Split (also, nearby Trogir).

Posted by
7051 posts

Zlatny Rat beach in Bol (on the island of Brac, which you can get to via ferry from Split) has a great soft, sandy beach. It's beautiful. Yes, it will be hot and crowded.