CPAP - converter

Has anyone traveled to Europe with a CPAP machine? We are going to London and Paris and need to plug in our CPAP machine. Do we need a converter to use this? Thanks for your help!

Posted by Harold
New York, NY, USA
4732 posts

Most CPAP machines are dual voltage, but you need to make sure. Look at the "brick" (transformer) on the machine's power cord (you may need a magnifying glass). If it says "100-240 volts" and "50-60 Hz" you are all set. All you need is a plug adapter. They're sold by Rick here: The large 3 pronged one is for UK and Ireland; the small two pronged one is for Continental Europe. If you CPAP is 3 pronged, you should get the specific 3 prong adapter(s) for the countries you will be visiting. If your CPAP does not go above 120 volts, and/or only accepts 60 cycles, you will need a converter. Be SURE to get the right kind, as there are different ones, and you don't want to fry your machine or start a fire. Or, see if you can get a new power supply that is dual voltage.