Please sign in to post.

Congratulations Pam on Reaching 5,000 Posts

I couldn't figure out why Pam's response looked odd today when reading one of her replies. It is because her star changed colors. Thanks Pam for your contributions, I always enjoy reading your posts.
So, for the requisite question....What do you like about Pam's posts?
I like the comments she makes that are based on her personal experience and her level headed replies.

Posted by
3183 posts

Congrats Pam! I always look for your name when reading a post. I also hope we are both on a RS tour together someday.....I think we would get along!😜

Posted by
2165 posts

I like the fact that she's posting from Idaho! And I hope to meet her one of these days...

Posted by
13809 posts

Oh gosh, you all are sweet! Funnily enough, I went looking for one of my posts, couldn't find it and then realized my icon had changed, hahaha.

Janet, yes! Let me know if you are ever up this way - we'll hold an emergency RS meet up, lol!

Well, if anyone's in the Moscow/Lewiston ID area we'll do an emergency meet up!

Posted by
3938 posts

Congratulations Pam. I appreciate your thoughtful, positive responses and follow up after you’ve carefully read the OPs question and all of the subsequent responses.

Posted by
2252 posts

All of the above plus her replies are always well-thought out, polite, to the point and most importantly, never, ever demeaning to the poster, not matter how naive the question might seem. Congratulations, Pam!

Posted by
10178 posts

We had a lovely lunch in Paris with Pam & Darcy and she is as wonderful as you would think she would be based on her posts. Congrats on reaching 5000!

Posted by
2281 posts

hey pam
congratulations on your star. there's another "sheriff" in town. like others, i like reading your posts and replies. so informative and from your point of you. lets travelers decide what options they have with your input.
aloha

Posted by
6430 posts

I always appreciate Pam's posts, including her frequent use of "lol." It's like being in the same room. And it's true, she doesn't put people down, she's always positive, and her answers are thoughtful and (as far as I know) accurate.

Posted by
7209 posts

And she doesn't post just to see her "number" increase. That's a GOOD thing.

Posted by
324 posts

Pam,
Congrats on the milestone.

I noticed her helpful, kind responses when I first started on the forum. Then I got to actually meet her when she came down to Boise. I still plan to make the trip up to Moscow for one of their travel meetings to see her again and meet Darcy too. Several items in my travel stash are there because of Pam's recommendations. If any northern Idaho travelers make it to Boise, we could do the 'emergency' meet here too. I'm pretty sure Janet (of Boise) would agree.

Posted by
2091 posts

You are all correct, Pam is wonderful! Not only that, she's fun too! Oh and great support too if you break any bones although I recommend against doing that!

Posted by
15679 posts

What do I like about Pam's posts? All of the above! She's a peach! 🍑

Posted by
610 posts

Ditto to all of the above! I love how generous you are with your knowledge. I consider myself extremely lucky to have had personal Yellowstone guiding by Pam, and I hope we run across each other again in our travels, domestic or abroad :)

Posted by
13809 posts

Wow, again, you all are so kind! You are making me blush! And laugh. And think of the good times I've had meeting up with many of you in various parts of the world. Idaho/Yellowstone/London/Paris - all the good spots!

I do enjoy the tone of this forum. People aren't usually intentionally mean and a lot of slack is given those that you can tell are newcomers to European travel. Sometimes part of the process is learning what questions you ~should~ ask.

I also do try to post from experience including getting shouted at by a "petition girl" scammer (she was not deaf and mute and spoke pretty good English - surprise!!) in Gare du Nord while waiting with Darcy for Andrea/DH's Eurostar to arrive - which had been delayed due to a bomb threat at the station! Bottom line - always allow more time than you think you'll need when taking trains! It was an exciting day because Andrea's DH and I also saw a police chase (on foot) from our location in the restaurant. AND wow, that car rental garage at GdN is hard to find!

PS Open to meeting up with anyone who is in Yellowstone the same time I am and yes, I'll take you thru the geyser basins until you're bored to tears.

Posted by
10178 posts

"I also do try to post from experience including getting shouted at by a "petition girl" scammer (she was not deaf and mute and spoke pretty good English - surprise!!) in Gare du Nord while waiting with Darcy for Andrea/DH's Eurostar to arrive - which had been delayed due to a bomb threat at the station! Bottom line - always allow more time than you think you'll need when taking trains! It was an exciting day because Andrea's DH and I also saw a police chase (on foot) from our location in the restaurant. AND wow, that car rental garage at GdN is hard to find!"

Lol, good times!

The car rental garage near GdN is crazy. Our car was on the -5 level and it was pitch black down there. No lights at all. On the plus side, no one could see us stash our luggage before going to lunch. An exciting afternoon all the way around. :-)

Posted by
985 posts

Congratz to you Pam, on obtaining your star! I was fortunate to get to meet up with Pam for wine and dinner last year in London. I can tell you that she is just as delightful in person as she is online.

Posted by
2461 posts

Congrats, Pam! Your posts are balanced with just the right amount of detail and enthusiasm to answer the questions asked. Your trip reports are fun to read too!