Please sign in to post.

CONGRATS to Ken (15,000 posts) and Lee (10,000 posts)!

I happened to notice today that these two long-time contributors to the Helpline have reached major milestones this week! I wanted to recognize them for all of their very detailed and helpful posts over the years. I know it can get old giving the same information over and over again, but they manage to do it like it's the first time they've seen the question. I've learned a lot from both of them, and I'm sure many of you have, too. I thought they deserved special recognition ;-)

Posted by
4407 posts

OK, technically, Ken is currently at 14,999...but I know that will change today ;-) EDIT: And...he's over! If I've overlooked anyone else celebrating a Big Week, let us know!

Posted by
4407 posts

Wow, Michael - that's impressive! Ummmm...(looking down, kicking at the dirt with the toe of my shoe, embarrassed) I didn't get them anything...

Posted by
9420 posts

A big Thank You to Ken and Lee!! This Helpline wouldn't be as good as it is without you guys. I can think of many others who are also wonderful (for instance you Eileen) and contribute mightily to this site as well so... Three Cheers for Ken, Lee and and all the other great people here!

Posted by
3106 posts

I wanna be there!!! Do they do that every year? P.S. Congrats to Ken and Lee.

Posted by
559 posts

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Ken and Lee. Your constant attention to the Helpline with your unwavering willingness to help out others is appreciated!

Posted by
7036 posts

Awesome, guys! Thanks for all the good advice Ken and Lee - and all the other posters who may not have been here as long but give great advice.

Posted by
4140 posts

Amazing dedication , not to mention tremendous help !! Many Thanks !!

Posted by
23282 posts

I will buy him his coffee this weekend. I will bet that 9000 of his postings referred to German rail passes.

Posted by
6522 posts

Kudos to Ken and Lee, and the other veteran posters who have taught us so much and entertained besides!

Posted by
11294 posts

Congratulations to both Lee and Ken. Thanks for all your service to the Helpline!

Posted by
13966 posts

Thanks so much to both of you for your informative and interesting posts.

Posted by
12040 posts

Lee noted to me that he started posting before this site had a post count, so he's actually well beyond 10,000.

Posted by
964 posts

Thank you both! This forum wouldn't be the interesting, helpful and friendly place it is without you! Maggie

Posted by
501 posts

Texan's are pretty good folks, aren't they? Congrats Lee and Ken!!!

Posted by
222 posts

Thank you Ken, Lee, Eileen and ALL, especially you long-timers who are so very patient and kind to us newbies! Wish RS would have you all to Edmonds and give you some type of award, now THAT I would attend!! :0) Prost to you!

Posted by
32801 posts

Anybody notice that the good Eileen is up for the big 3-0? The magnificent thing, as noted above, is how they have so much patience to treat each repetitive request as if it is the first time the question has been asked and give so much to the new questioners. Well done, lads. Good catch, Eileen.

Posted by
10229 posts

Thanks to Ken, Lee and all the other people here who patiently answer questions for inexperienced AND experienced travelers looking for information. While guidebooks can help with the basics, firsthand knowledge from experience is priceless.

Posted by
4407 posts

And...BOOM! 3000 ;-) Good catch, Nigel! I had no idea I was at 2999; I'll probably hit 10,000 in another month or two...give or take...NOT! Keith/England is at 400...10,000 is just around the corner for Keith, too ;-)

Posted by
8946 posts

Keep up the good work, Ken and Lee. Rock steady.

Posted by
567 posts

Much appreciation and thnaks to both Ken & Lee for their faithful contributions and informative helpful posts. They post like they are answering the same question for the first and not the 50th time they have answered it! Thanks to you both and Happy future Travels!!!

Posted by
340 posts

Warm wishes of gratitude to Ken, Lee, and all of the other "mega-posting" members of our helpline community! Thanks to Eileen for making note of it so that these wise sages, whom we have come to rely upon and appreciate, are being celebrated. Certainly their advice is valuable in trip planning but, what about those days when the "pining-to-travel" melancholy hits hard? How wonderful it is to visit this site, click on a first time traveler's question, read the familiar, sincere advice that has been given some five hundred twenty-three times, nod my head and sigh. . . Not quite as awesome as planning a trip, but knowing they're going to have their first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower and you were excited and caring enough to answer, makes me smile. Thank you.

Posted by
11507 posts

Many thanks to Ken and Lee, and a few other posters, some mega posters, some not, but all with great tips and advice.

Posted by
2349 posts

Whoa, all those posts have got to weigh a lot! How many posts can Lee fit into a 6x12x4 non-wheelie bag?