Please sign in to post.

Confused

My husband and I are hiking in Germany and are on a British Airway flight, of course transitioning through Heathrow, then on to Munich. We are both fully vaccinated. My question is do we still need a negative Covid test to enter Germany because we are flying from UK?
Also has anyone used eMed? testing to get back into US?
Appreciate every and any information.
Thank you,
Arlene

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you Badger, but if we are only transitioning - meaning not leaving the international transit area - then we don't have to quarantine right?

Posted by
6320 posts

I'm not sure about that, the rules are a bit complicated (and change every now and then).

Posted by
1478 posts

I used emed prior to returning from US from Iceland.

I purchased the required 6 tests. I carried 4 tests for 2 of us in case there was a problem.
I used my Pixel phone. It tells you that you need 2 devices, but you don't.
I suggest watching a video of how the test is done prior to doing your test. It is important to leave the card flat on the table and not pick it up.
I had to call in twice for my test because the camera wasn't working properly.
My companion had to call in 4-5 times because he had put his shortened first name in his Navica app (have this app installed and ready to go) and it took a long time for it to update when he changed it to match his passport.

Otherwise it was easy. The delta agent looked at our emailed certificates before she would check us in. After that, nobody checked it.
Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Despite what they say, you can use the 6 tests for 6 different people.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you Vandrabrud for your response. I still don't understand how they get your results? Does the test work immediately and you show the test results on camera? Sorry, for being so lame but want to get this correct.
Arlene