Please sign in to post.

Compression Socks

What is a good brand to buy for airline, bus and walking around?

Posted by
1 posts

The best compression stockings I've found are the Sigvaris brand, especially with the bubble toe for comfort. They have a knee- high merino wool and a thinner knee- high sport sock. I like them equally well depending on the season..

Posted by
9436 posts

I like Sockwell. Sold at REI and other places.

Posted by
191 posts

I tried various socks, but found the best fitting ones by going to a medical supply store. The store measured me and found the best socks that really work for me. It can be a little pricey but worth it.

Posted by
4181 posts

I like Sockwell Circulators. They are medium compression. I find that the ones with this pattern work best for me. As you can see, they come in lots of colors and you may find different ones at different vendors.

Posted by
1320 posts

Another vote for Sockwell -- comfortable and nice colors/designs.
They come in 2 sizes, small/medium and medium/large. And I wash them in the machine on warm but always line-dry them.
And I can wear them for 2 or 3 days without them smelling bad ... so great for travel, and they will dry over night!

Posted by
2466 posts

If you have varicose veins or if your legs swell when walking or sitting for long periods of time, you might try Jobst compression stockings. These must be fitted at a pharmacy and you might need a prescription, don't buy anything over the internet.