Please sign in to post.

Christmas 2015

My family has a choice of either Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Copenhagen or Paris. We may actually be able to extend it to 3 or 4 days in either city. Then, we are off to Germany for the rest of the holiday with family living in Northern Germany. We have an 11year old child. This is our very first trip to Europe. Any advice? Thank you!

Posted by
1266 posts

Ann - This comment may sound silly, but have you asked your 11 year old which city they would prefer ? Also in looking at a map Copenhagen does seem closer to Northern Germany.

Posted by
1 posts

Wow, this is almost the trip I am planning with my daughter (32) lv Christmas eve, either go Amsterdam, Prague first...then off to Riesa Germany with a side trip tp Meissen 8 days altogether. still figuring it out.

Posted by
7175 posts

I think there a lot more things for an 11 year old to go "WOW !!" at in Paris than in Copenhagen.

Posted by
477 posts

I took each of my kids to Europe when they were 11. I took them all to Paris and I took one to Copenhagen. I would say as much as like both cities, Paris would probably win.

At 11, going up the Eiffel tower was quite memorable for the kids, also climbing the tower of Notre Dame and seeing the gargoyles face to face. They each got a trip out to Versailles too, but we were there in late spring which made picnicking in the gardens and biking very pleasant. They may have enjoyed the gardens more than the interior. We also did the day and/or evening fat tire bike tour in the city, which was a big hit. The evening tour includes a boat ride on the Seine. They all liked the Rodin museum and they all saw the Louvre. One child chose a day at Disneyland Paris which was interesting to compare to the Orlando parks. My daughter turned cartwheels in the gardens and we ate lots of wonderful pastry.

In Copenhagen, you have Tivoli Gardens, one of my favorite castles, Rosenborg right in town, and we did a day trip to LEGOLAND which was a big hit. However, I doubt my son remembers nearly as much about Copenhagen as all of the kids remember about Paris.