Please sign in to post.

chiropractors in europe

My better half and I are planning a three month trip through Europe. A potentional problem is my trashed back from heavy labor, a car wreck and the kicker a bad roller coaster ride. I will need to bring 200 pills of a controled substance. Will this be a problem? Also I get by pretty well as long as I'm careful and aware of my movements but every so often my spine slips and I need a manipulation. Are chiropractors easy to find and get an appointment to see in Europe? Thanks Scott

Posted by
8946 posts

Europe is a large continent. We can answer you better if you tell us what countries you are visiting. Each country has a different medical system. Also, your thread is posted twice, you might want to sign in and delete the 2nd one.

Posted by
10344 posts

A. You might want to ask your pharmacist for advice on how to handle the 200 controlled substance pills, specifically on these issues: #1 You may want to ask your pharmacist about this, but she/he will probably tell you to leave them in their original container(s) and not to consolidate them into a generic container they weren't originally in that doesn't have your name on it looking pretty official like it came from the prescribing pharmacy. #2 Ask your pharmacist if you will need or should have a hard copy of the original prescription, the one signed by the prescribing physician; and if they give you one, bring it with you on the trip, this would be mainly for your re-entry into the US. #3 What you want to avoid is reentering the US with a controlled substance in your possession that you have no way of proving was prescribed for you by a doctor licensed by the DEA. B. An unrelated issue is: You mentioned a "3 month trip", the European entry & exit regulations in 25 major European countries limit your stay to a total of exactly 90 days, not 91, 90 is okay but at 91 you're in violation and computers these days can catch things like that. With the other things going on in your visit, you probably don't want to attract extra scrutiny by overstaying your 90 day limit.

Posted by
12040 posts

In at least a few countries (UK, France, Germany, Belgium), osteopaths would be the equivalent of a chiropractor. Unlike US-trained osteopaths, who may or may not practice manipulation (most don't), European-trained Osteopaths are not considered physicians. Meaning, they can't prescribe drugs, so they put a much greater emphasis on manipulation than their US counterparts. I'm not sure of the availability of chiropractors, but I have seen at least a few signs for osteopathic practice in Germany.