Please sign in to post.

Chip and Pin Credit Cards

Does anyone know of a US Bank that issues "Chip and Pin" credit cards? I know that Capital and WellsFargo are running an itroduction to about 15000 Top customers, but nothing for the average man. Any info?

Posted by
295 posts

I tried to get one before leaving this summer. I tried 9 banks, including HSBC. None offered a chip card (yet). B of A rep even said "Why would you want to use that old technology? They're really behind us."

Posted by
188 posts

Neither my husband nor I have a "chipped" card but we had no problems in The Netherlands, England or Ireland. We asked them to swipe the cards and they did with no problems.

Posted by
798 posts

I fell for the Chase offer and when the card arrived it was a chip and signature, not a chip and pin and when I went back and checked the Chase web page it had been changed and said chip and signature whereas it had previously implied that it was chip and pin. I will be taking the card just out of curiosity. Although our magnetic stripe cards were generally accepted in the Netherlands there were a few places where there would have been trouble. At the Schiphol airport, train tickets into Amsterdam are only available at an unmanned kiosk that only has a credit card slot with a numeric keypad. Fortunately for the first time in our lives we were on a tour and only had to wait for our bus.