Please sign in to post.

cell phone in europe

Can I use my cell phone in Europe with a phone card purchased there with minutes? Otherwise, what are my best options to call home?

Posted by
9363 posts

Olga, it depends on 1) what kind of phone you have and from what carrier, and 2) how you plan to use it while you are there. Give us a bit more information to go on, and we can help you better. If you search the term "cellphone" in the box above (or just scroll down the questions) you will get lots and lots of information and opinions about the subject.

Posted by
32222 posts

olga, As the previous reply mentioned, whether you'll be able to use your Cell phone in Europe will depend on which cell network you're with, and the model of phone you're using. It would help to have a bit of further information on those points. If you're using a Smartphone such as an iPhone, Blackberry or Android model, it's EXTREMELY important to address the issue of data roaming, as the costs can be ENORMOUS (in the five-figure range). You'll also need to ensure that your phone charger is designed for use on European electrical systems (a Plug Adaptor will be required). The "best options to call home" will depend on a variety of factors, so again, more information would be helpful. Happy travels!