Please sign in to post.

Carry on luggage

We will be flying British Air from London to Tel Aviv in August. We are hoping to carry on our bags, three travelers with two roller bags and one backpack. Any one having trouble getting the smaller bags on board? We flew with them on American and Al Atalia in 2009 without having to check them in. Any major changes to airlines policies in the recent past?

Posted by
9369 posts

Just make sure you check BA's website for current dimension and weight information, and remember that wheels and handles count in the measurement.

Posted by
4412 posts

And if you've never flown out of Tel Aviv before and gone through their security procedures - prepare to be amazed ;-) The 'major changes in policies' seem to be to require smaller bags on some airlines, and allow larger bags on others...Just check on BA's website for their measurements, and as Nancy said count wheels, handles, ears, horns, tiaras - whatever protrudes from your luggage.

Posted by
15768 posts

Also be sure to check the current restrictions for items allowed to be taken in carry ons. I hate to say it but toiletries and such are probably a lot more expensive in Israel than in the US or England, especially imported brands. I am thinking of suntan lotion, moisturizers, etc. On the other hand, checked baggage usually arrives pretty quickly at Ben-Gurion airport. If you have any other questions about Israel, send me a PM, I will be happy to help all I can, but I don't check the helpline regularly (life just gets in the way).