Please sign in to post.

Calling Cards

I will be traveling in London and Paris. Any suggestions about calling cards for calling the US?
Thanks,
Linda

Posted by
8700 posts

International phone cards are sold at convenience stores, newsstands, and tobacconists. The price varies according to how many minutes each one allows. Buy one in London for the lowest price you find and another in Paris. Get cards with PINs so you can call from your hotel room phone as well as pay phones.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you...Someone recommeded using www.onesuite.com
I have checked them out and i think they are a calling card you sign up for here that is good in all countries..
Linda

Posted by
113 posts

I recently used a Verizon international calling card that I bought at Costco, and I was happy with it. As I recall, $30 bought me about 2 hours worth of calling home from Paris and Italy, and if you use that up, you can recharge it. I learned about the card from others on this helpline. You can find it in the Costco electronics section or on their website, it looks like this:

http://tinyurl.com/6fg9l3

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you for the info but I do not have a VErizon cell phone and it has to be used on a cell phone.
Linda

Posted by
113 posts

The Costco card doesn't require that you have Verizon service. Like any calling card, it can be used from any land-line phone or cell phone. You are simply calling a toll-free number then entering the PIN from the card, so any phone that can call a toll-free number should be ok.

Posted by
588 posts

Read other sections of the Graffiti Wall and RS books. Buy a phone card when you get to Europe. That
is Rick's advice and he is the expert. It is the cheapest way. Some countries will not accept calling cards purchased in other countries. Just go to a convenience store (every where) and buy a card. I usually get a $10 (Euro or BP) and when it is gone, I'll buy another one. The worst card I had was one purchased at the Frankfurt airport. A German calling card won't work in Switzerland.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for your time and the good advice.
Linda