Please sign in to post.

Brussels Air

I'm looking at booking flight between BRU and MXP this September. I know Brussels Air is a discount carrier so I'm looking for advice and reviews from folks that have flown them. Thanks. Donna

Posted by
504 posts

Unless I'm confusing it with another airline, Brussels Air is run by Air France now. We had good service on transatlantic flights.

Posted by
7811 posts

I flew last July Bordeaux to Brussels. It was a short flight so I don't remember anything except that my hand luggage/carry-on that I used for a two week trip past the 55x23x40 dimensions and 12kg weight rules. And I let the system choose my seat instead of paying to choose one.

Brussels Airlines is owned by Lufthansa part of Star Alliance so if you are a Mileage plus member you earn miles

Posted by
1210 posts

Hi Donna. One of the legs (CDG - BRU) on our United itinerary last summer was operated by Brussels Air; it was fine. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
4037 posts

Brussels Air and Ryanair compete on this route, keeping prices low. It's a 90-minute flight so not much room for distinctive differences. The Lufthansa group and Ryanair are now neck-and-neck as the largest carriers in Europe. Whichever you choose, be sure to read all the instructions on the website; part of "budget" means enforcing the rules and collecting extra revenue wherever possible. I've not flown with Brussels Air but have been entirely satisfied with Ryanair, expecting not much in the first place other than a cheap and efficient fare. Easy comparison between European airlines at www.skyscanner.com