Please sign in to post.

Boeing 767-300 seating

Since we all know how precious legroom is, especially on transatlantic flights, and I couldn't afford to even get off the plane in Europe if we'd spent all our money by flying first class, I'd like to inquire if anyone has experience with the only 2 seats in row 42? I mean - besides being at the very back of the plane!! On United's seat map they are shown as having enough room between them and the row in front (41 A&B) for another pair of seats. I'm thinking my carry-on might be an ottoman if that's the case. Yeah they're just opposite the bathrooms but that may only mean not having to stand in line. And hey, maybe the door could pop open on a mile high club member(s) for some inflight entertainment, wouldn't that be memorable... But back on topic, has anyone occupied these seats and can share the pros and cons of actually being there for 10+ hours? That is, besides being the last 2 souls off the aircraft. (Unless we ditch, then there's a door out thru the rear galley) Even if you've only used the rear loo on this aircraft, did you notice if those seats really do have a 'front yard'? I do joke a lot but seriously want to know about these 2 seats, 42 A&B, thanks!

Posted by
32220 posts

ovejita,

Have a look at THIS WEBSITE as it may answer your question. It would seem that 42 A/B are not a good choice.

Happy travels!

Posted by
20254 posts

You could check the price of the economy plus seats which have more leg room.

Posted by
11613 posts

The last seats in a section (against a partition) usually have limited recline. As suggested, check the price for Economy Comfort - these seats are at the front of the economy section, so you would be in Zone 1 for boarding.

Posted by
2752 posts

These seats (I would presume any row that is in front of a wall) will either not recline or recline just barely. You will not like it if the person in front of you goes into full recline mode and does not care about your lack of room. (Above post went in as I was sending this)
Seat Guru.com is THE source on seats. On it you can call up your specific flight, which will show how your airline has configured their plane for that flight, there are some small differences.

Posted by
1446 posts

For overnight flights, apart from the obvious issues regarding your seat not fully reclining, here are the other "joys" of traveling in the very last row:

The line-up for that toilet will involve people standing right by your head, for much of the time.

The back of the plane is where people go and stretch their legs, and talk.

Crew on break often end up sitting in the last rows, and talk.

Last, but not least, those toilets do get quite stinky on long flights and you get a strong whiff of it each time the door opens.

Even if there were any, no amount of extra legroom is worth this level of discomfort IMO.

Posted by
11613 posts

And, airlines can substitute aircraft, so the best-laid plans...

Posted by
1626 posts

My experience, especially on long haul flights, is stay away from the bathrooms. First there tends to always be people hanging out waiting for the restroom, and secondly the constant opening and shutting of the doors is really annoying.

Posted by
6 posts

Even if SEAT GURU showed an abundance of extra room (which it doesn't) sounds like the frequency of visitors to that area is a distinct neg. Doubt I'll sleep much but why stack the deck against it? Just like not wanting a room in a hotel by the stairwell or elevator... so I'm movin' on up!!